Thursday, August 7, 2008

Skateborder for Jesus

"I wanna be a skateborder for Jesus!" and "I have a vision from God using me mightily in the youth ministry...seeing myself preaching in a stage preaching to a lot of youths!" This is what my friend was telling me when we were still doormate. I knew him to be a fun guy but deep within him was a knowing that God will use him in the realm of youth ministry.

Im gonna tell you a story - When I went to Davao to study in a bible school, one of the first person that I knew was this friend of mine.He was a funny and a very spontaneous guy!He knew how to make people laugh, how to make people mad and to make mad people laugh!Confusing isnt it?But it is true!He has this unique personality that makes youth so much attach to him.Definitely, He has a great personality!God created Him and raised Him in a very special way;knowing that this friend of mine has a calling and this friend of mine will make a difference to our generation.

We sometimes had an argument, sometimes had a really bad day because of one another, I remember the time that we were called in the office because of the fights that we had!Amazing!The longer we knew and love one another like a real brother, is the more time that we also had an argument and a fight,but that's just like a brotherly fight. Sometimes, I just realized that He acted the way he was because that's how he show love and affection to other people and to his brothers.When this friend of mine got serious, men he will be serious and he will ask your prayers and he will open his heart to you, And for me...Im pretty happy coz thats the time that we got serious and the time that I will show my care and affection to him.

After graduation in Bible College;Year 2006, before I came back to manila... I had this conviction from God that I needed to go in General Santos City before I go back to manila to check how he is doing and to encourage him. When I got their, we both have fun spending time with one another,we shared one another's plan, and encouraged him to pursue God and to stand up for He has a calling for this generation. While Im encouraging him that time, He was telling me his struggles in life; including his family, his girlfriend, and etc... And I would always tell him that the Father has always been waiting for him to come...

Without realizing that.. that was the last time that I will be seeing him and hugging him ... alive in person.. Last July 2008, while having a vacation in Davao city,we were all shocked when we heard that Kenneth died because of potassium defficiency and so much depression. How I grieved so much in my heart and cannot hold myself that I needed to go inside the boy's dorm room just to cry, cry and cry out for God to raise him up... I am so disappointed.. That sometimes, instead of loving him of who he is, I judged him.. Instead of caring for him, I argued with him, and instead of praying for him, I criticized him for his mistakes and failures... But atleast I had the chance to spend time with him for 2 days, last 2006 that I did my best to encouraged him,prayed for him, and listened to what his heart would like to say.

How many Kenneths do we have in our lives? How many people are just their, waiting for our encouragements, comforts, prayers, and just simply needed to be checked and loved.. How many people out their are being judged and mistreat?Because all we see are their mistakes, failures and downfalls!Come on!I thought we are one body?I thought we are all God's and Family?I thought we are so inlove with God and yet, dont care with our brothers and sisters?Are we going to wait for somebody that we know die before we realize that these people need someone to be there just to listen to them and in need of comfort..

Well, we better start somewhere... And you dont need to look outside and find one.. we can start in our own family...we need to know the heart of Jesus for our family, friends, other people and this generation!We need to get out of our own box and our own comforts, to reach out others!Stand up and take the ministry of reconciliation!Know that its not about you now!Its about Love, Grace, Love, Grace , Love and Grace!Its about people whom God would like to reach!

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? -Romans 10:14-

No comments: